Hi, I am in my mid forties and I begin my new journey into Crafts Works. It is my labour of love, time and effort. This month, I am using Felt Fabrics of different colours to make teddy bear's stuff head, a bus-shaped tissue case and name card holder.
Initially, I am fearful of sewing as I know sewing needs skill and patience. Well, it is actually not that scary and I begin to like it. There are a few handstitches to learn i.e. blanket stitch, back stitch, straight stitch...They are really simple once you grasp hold of the method.
I managed to sew my first craft - Teddy Bear's stuff head and it took me about 3 days of 1 hour each/day to complete it. As I said, it's my first so I need to build up my confidence and skill. After completion, I felt happy and of course, I know the craft can be improved such as the stitches and cutting of pattern.
Ok, next week I will do my bus-shaped tissue case and till then, let's invigorate the world with crafts!
Words of Advice:
For novice, as a start buy cheap handicraft supplies from Daiso (any outlets) because their products are only $2/pc and you can get reasonably good quality supplies. However, if you want wider choices of handicraft supplies, you can get it from Golden Dragon, Spotlight, Art Friend and other speciality craft stores. Note, the prices are definitely higher!!
No comments:
Post a Comment