Tuesday, 26 July 2011

Felt Bus Tissue Case

Sewing is truly a pleasant way to stay focus. I use to fear sewing because I know my hands are not adapt to doing handwork. Now, I prove myself wrong because I have finally come to realise how much satisfacation one can derive from completing a crafty work with sewing.

Moreover, sewing is a form of staying alert, creating wonderful vibes in one's mind and definitely, I learn to be feminine again. Pals, let's start sewing and make sure don't give up on your handicraft!

In Aug, I will be making stuff toys using socks! Although this is not a new art, but it will be still exhilarating to look at all the possiblities of handmaking your own animal stuff toy.

Words of Advice

Before making the stuff toy, I will go round looking for cheap yet nice socks. From what I learn, it is best to get woolly socks because they are less stretchable and stay in shape. I have visited a few dept stores, but the socks are rather costly about $5up per pair. I managed to get cheap yet good ones from Daiso @ $2/pr but their designs are limited. Luckily, I found out that some neighbourhood shops in Hougang are selling nice ones at $2.50-$3.50/pr. It's ok to buy some and keep it for future use.

In my next blog, I will talk about the 7 hand-stitches one has to learn in order to sew the different parts of a stuff toy together. C u then.

No comments:

Post a Comment