This September, I am going to focus my attention on Chinese Cooking. As a Chinese, I am very glad that many dishes can be easily cook as long as you put in the right sauce to blend the ingredients. As the Chinese saying, dishes should be nice in taste, look and smell. There are abundance of bilingual cook books in Popular Bookshops and they are selling between $5-$25. I have realised that to cook a dish well, you must have good seasoning and it is a sure-win.
Today, I am going to talk about Tofu and Tau Kwa. The difference is soft , firm or wet. Tau Kwa is best served fried with other ingredients. Tofu, is best served in soup. The pricing for Tau Kwa is about S$0.75/pc, Tofu is about S$1.00/pc. Frankly, Tau Kwa is definitely my cup of tea as it is firmer and tastier. Tau Kwa is best fried with mushrooms, meat (pork) or vegetables.
Basically, you have to pan or deep fry the Tau Kwa first, before stir fry with the remaining ingredients. That's simple.
Word of Advice
To avoid splatter of oil, remember to wipe dry the Tau Kwa or Tofu before frying.
No comments:
Post a Comment